While I continue to battle my various health issues and come to terms with what’s going on in the United States and my complicity in systemic racism, these Medium posts are going to take a backseat to virtually all other priorities. That said, I’m committing to one post a week because, miraculously, people are reading them.
Today, because I have other things on my mind, I thought I’d share a playlist with you that I listen to every summer once school is out. In a stroke of imaginative genius, I titled this playlist “Summertime Music.” Before we go any further, I must explain a few things about it:
- Chances are high that you will not enjoy every song on this list. Truth be told, I skip some of them more than others.
- I have songs on this playlist that aren’t necessarily my favorite but they all remind me of summer. That’s literally the only criteria. That’s it. Genre? Doesn’t matter. Quality? Doesn’t matter.
- Some songs are obviously “summer songs.” It’s usually right in the title or the lyrics.
- Others only remind me of summer for one reason or another. If you listen and are curious as to why, ask!
- If you have any suggestions for additions to the list, I am open to them.
- Finally, chances are high that you will enjoy at least a few songs on this list. Truth be told, I hit repeat on some of them more than others.
Without any further ado then, I give you my summer music playlist, again, imaginatively titled “Summertime Music.”